(Discontinued for new projects. Available to support prior installations only.)
How to Specify TS280 Fixture
These high intensity, bidirectional inset lights alert motorists that pedestrians are in the crosswalk. They are activated by a push button at either curb and flash yellow once per second for a preset duration.
• Low profile (0.39")
• 50 W off-the-shelf lamps
• In a technological break through, our optional LED light source is brighter than our halogen lamps!
• Pressurized light cavity keeps moisture out and extends light source life.
• Lamp life of 10,000 to 100,000 hours
• LED light source use life estimated at 10 years or longer.
• Body of high tensile cast aluminum for strength and durability.
• Fixtures withstand a static load of 44,000 lb. and a dynamic load of 22,000 lb.
This two-lane road, 24 feet wide, has six TS280 fixtures embedded in the pavement. Each lane has two fixtures on the side nearest oncoming traffic and one on the far side of the crosswalk. All lights flash in both directions. The pedestrian activates the lights using a push button at the curb (blue dots). The lamps project a 500,000 candela per meter sq. wide angle beam that is clearly visible in daylight and under the worst weather conditions.
An optional long-lasting, energy efficient LED light source (600,000 candela) is available for all installations, but is especially useful for solar powered projects.
The TS280 is 8" in diameter and rises only 10mm (0.39") above the roadway. This low profile, and the TS280's smooth surface, allows snow plows to pass over without damaging the fixture. (Snow plow blades must be set 1/4 inch or higher above grade. If snow plow blades are operated at grade, the fully flush TS-600 fixture should be used.) The fixture withstands a dynamic load of 22,000 lb. and a static load of 44,000 lb.